Friday, October 16, 2009

Why I Hate You

Dear Ulcerative Colitis,

I really think that you are quite impertinent. You came into my life without invitation and have really behaved quite rudely. You have wrecked havoc on my life and particularly on my colon. I don't think we can ever be friends.

At one point in time I thought I could tolerate you--that I could adapt to living with you. But then I remembered why I hate you so much.

It's one thing to bother me--make me uncomfortable, embarass me, disrupt my schedule and routine--but it's quite another thing when you encroach upon the happiness and well-being of my son. You see, I love him more than anything else in the whole world.

And I hate you for the days I could hear him crying in his crib for me, but I couldn't come because I was with YOU on the toilet.

I hate you for taking away TIME and ENERGY that should have been devoted to my son.

I hate you for the all the playdates, outings, and vacations that were missed because YOU needed so much ATTENTION.

UC, honey, it's not me...it's you. I hate you and I don't want you in my life. Don't you EVER hurt my son again. I want you out of my life for good.

Sincerely,


Skinny Girl

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I just stumbled across your blog on google. I was wondering if you have tried the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. I was diagnosed with severe Ulcerative Colitis back in 2004 and put on meds by my doctor which didn't do much to help me. Then I found out about the diet, and within months was symptom free and med free, and have been ever since. If you would like more info, please feel free to visit my blog at www.comfytummy.com, the entire blog is dedicated to the SCD. All the best to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Comfy Tummy--

    Thanks for your comment. I have not tried the SCD diet, though another blogger recently mentioned it has helped them. I am allergic to wheat, corn, and soy and so had already been eating a lot of gluten free products and such. I visited your blog and think I will try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My biggest anxiety now is my little man. It's so frustrating when he is crying for me, and I can't get to him. When I'm home alone (a lot) at night I just lay there and wait for the 3 am bottle, because I need to go to the restroom before I make the bottle and feed him. Ugh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this post is old but I can completely understand! My little guy is 5 months old and I feel robbed of the precious time with him. I will never get that back. I hate this disease. I was in remission for yrs before I got preggo. I hope to get there again. Thanks fo rwriting this blog. It helps seeing a young vital mom going through the same things.

    ReplyDelete